Riding on low-pressure tires is a recipe for disaster. Not only will you have to work harder than necessary to keep your bike in motion, but low tires are more likely to pop or crack. As you bounce across potholes or uneven dirt paths, full tires are better prepared for the job.
One way to avoid flat tires and accidents is by checking your tire pressure and refilling as necessary. At-home bike pumps make it easy. At sixthreezero, our pumps are affordable and last a long time.
Understanding Tire Pressure
New to cycling? Understanding the right tire pressure might seem like strange science. You just fill up the tire until it seems firm, right? Not so fast. Here are some quick tips for understanding tire pressure:
- Tire pressure is measured in pounds per square inch or psi.
- The right pressure depends in large part on the weight of the rider. The more you weigh, the higher the tire pressure should be. A 130-pound rider can aim for about 80 psi, while a 165-pound rider should fill up to about 100 psi.
- Just like you can underfill a tire, you can overfill it. Never exceed the manufacturer’s recommendations for maximum psi.
- You should check your tire pressure every few weeks.
Bike Pump Features
In order to properly use a pump for bicycle pressure, you should know how to work it. Fortunately, it’s not rocket science. Here are some of the features of our bike pumps that make them easy for riders of nearly all ages to operate:
- An attached pressure gauge. It’s simple to see the current pressure as you pump with a built-in gauge.
- Presta and Schrader valves so you can fill up different types of tires with the same pump.
- Lightweight design. Our pumps are less than one pound so it’s easy to bring a pump with you on long rides or camping trips.
- Maximum psi up to 160. The bike pumps on sixthreezero have maximum psi ranges from 120-160 psi.
Buy a Pump Today
Are you looking for a bicycle pump for sale? You’ve landed in the right place. At sixthreezero, we make it easy to add a pump to your custom bike order. While you’re at it, consider upgrading your tires to make your bicycle truly your own. Our bike accessories also include safety features like side mirrors, fenders, and lights.
At sixthreezero, we believe your bike should be an extension of yourself. Just like you’re more likely to trip and fall if your ankles are weak, low tires don’t offer the support you need to get around reliably. A single bike pump can change all that. Order your new bicycle pump today and it will be on your doorstep before you know it. We also sell a patch kit, which makes it easy to repair your tires on the go.
Once your tires are set to the right pressure, you’re ready for your next adventure. Join our Journey Club to uncover cycling locations around the world and connect with other riders.
Click the BodyFit ME button.